Sunday, January 16, 2011

(Poem) I Dread the Silent, Soulless Sleep

I dread the silent, soulless sleep,
Terrors whisper before the dawn-
But in the Silence, I peer out
Th’ cleft Rock You sent my soul to keep.

The darkness cloaks its Shadows here,
Dark terrors steal my peaceful sleep!
But in the shadows, I seek out
Th’ cleft Rock You sent my soul to keep.

In silence, but for fatal cry,
Your Son fell to the soulless sleep.
He dragged terrors wi’ him, agony,
Th’ cleft Son you sent my soul to keep.

Th’ cleft Son you sent my soul to keep,
He lights my way past dreary halls.
Into Your chambers, I peer in--
You send my soul to restful sleep.

This was also posted here some time ago:
http://pensofglory.com/?p=593

It's a good website. I highly recommend writers to post there, and readers to read stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: www.nocondemnation81.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Dakota!

    I'm glad you like the sight, and we all hope it is a blessing to you! Welcome to the We Shall Speak Blog. :)

    In and Of Christ,
    Kaitland

    ReplyDelete

We would be really blessed by your thoughts! Feel free to drop them by!